It is a great experience when your family can spend time travelling together. However, travelling with children can cause some difficulties for parents. Here are some tips that parents should know when joining a cruise in Halong Bay:
- Clothes: make sure that you bring warm clothes in the winter and comfortable clothes in the summer for the children.
- Others: you also should bring some medicine in case your children are not fine.
Safety on board
- The safety on board is very important, especially for children, parents should:
- Always take notice of the children, keep them in your sight.
- Make sure that children do not climb on the handrail or the railing on boat. Children are not allowed to stand on the bow.
- Ask the staffs on board to show you the life vests for children.
Activities on board
- Children can join the activities on board like: cave visiting, kayaking, swimming or fishing village but they need their parents’ attention. Before each activity, children need to be told in advance about the safety so that they are more careful to follow the instructions.
- Children also need to be well- equipped with life vests during all the activities.
- The role of the tour guide and staffs on board
- Take care more, playing and chatting with them.
- Ask the parents if the children need to have dinner early as they need to go to bed earlier than adults.
- Check with the parents if the menu for adults is also suitable with children; otherwise, the alternative food should be prepared.
- Prepare some games for children.